Monday 11 October 2010

Simulated Client Project

The Brief:

Produce a short multimedia piece that informs about or illustrates Digital Piracy.

Proposal:

To answer this brief I propose to create a pro-piracy website informing about myths within anti-piracy campaigns. It will mostly focus around digital piracy within the music industry, but also touching upon the film industry.Through research of digital piracy I have discovered that there are many points argued by anti-piracy groups that can be disputed and sometimes proven wrong. Some examples are –
  • Digital piracy costs the industry billions every year
  • Piracy is stealing
  • Pirates are all young people who don’t understand how society really works
  • No artists support piracy
  • You don’t support bands by pirating their music
I intend the website to be very simple but also focused on aesthetic design, with a clean, modern look conforming to current design trends. It will be created using HTML and CSS, with JavaScript being used for certain elements.
I have taken inspiration from the website' WTF Should I Make For Dinner?' with regards to how my piracy website will work.

On this website a link to a different recipe is displayed each time the page is refreshed or the user clicks the link to display a new one. I would like my piracy website to work in the same way, with a different myth displayed on each page. Using large type to state the myth, I will then give the user the option to read more information using a link. When clicked, I plan on having more text appear explaining why it is untrue. There are examples below demonstrating this.

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

No comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Meow