Wednesday 20 January 2010

Mini Project - A Website in Two Weeks

For this 'small' project I am required to create a website for a retail environment within the space of two weeks. So basically it's like the project that we had the whole of last term to do in two weeks. Fine by me..

On the day we were set this task I came up with an initial list of places I could create a website for.

Page 45
One of my favourite shops in Nottingham. It's a comic book store that sells every type of graphic novel imaginable. Their website has been under construction for a while.

Wild/Wilder
Two vintage and second hand clothes shops owned by the same people, hence the similar names. They do not currently have a website.

Alley Cafe
A vegetarian cafebar in one of Nottingham's alleyways. They show artwork, have alternative bands and artists on and serve great food. They already have a website designed by Nottingham company Seismik.

The Plough and Harrow
My local pub in Hucknall. Not much to say about it really, they very occasionally put bands on or have other events.

Mayfair Restaurant
A Chinese restaurant located on Mansfield Road. It's bring your own booze too! They do not have a website.

Ice Nine
Hippy/indie/stoner clothes and accessories shop in Hockley. I loved this place when I was younger but don't go in much any more. Their website is under construction.

Homemade
A nice little cafe that serves some good homemade grub. Don't have a website.

The Lounge
A newly opened fashionable hairdressers in Hucknall. Do not have a website, could be an opportunity to approach them about one?

Dotty's Cafe
A vegetarian cafe on Mansfield road that has a 1950's kitsch kind of style. Could be fun designing a website with the same theme. They currently don't have one.

I've looked around at some people's blogs and it seems like some people have the same ideas as me. I originally wanted to create a website for Page 45 but after searching for a bit I believe I came across what is to be their future design. It is styled like a comic book itself and is very good! I don't feel as if I could compete with what they've come up with, especially since I think the comic-book style is what I would have done anyway.

Therefore I think I shall create the site for either The Lounge Hairdressers or Dotty's cafe. I'll play around with some ideas before coming to a decision.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

No comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Meow