Wednesday 21 January 2009

Identities

So following my failures with Second Life, as well as Twinity, vSide and something else I can't remember the name of, I've decided to try using World of Warcraft. Although it's obviously different from programs like Second Life, which are supposed to be somewhat realistic, it is still an online 3D environment, which is what we are required to explore.

Character Creation Screen

First of all I had to create a character. The character editing options in the game are fairly basic, with the option to choose your character's race (Human, Night Elf, Gnome, Dwarf, Draenei, Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead or Blood Elf) and then some appearance options such as hair style and colour. I chose a female Blood Elf hunter as my character, and gave her the fantasy-themed name of Daksha.
I logged in for the first time and found myself in a place called Sunstrider Isle. This is the newbie area for the Blood Elf race, which is really just to get you used to the game and easily level you up a bit before you can continue on to more difficult areas. It was pretty empty when I logged in so I started to do the first quests by myself. These early quests are very easily done alone and people will nut usually join a group or anything to get through them. Generally I was required to just kill a certain number of monsters and then would be rewarded with gold, weapons and armour and experience.

Battling a monster

During the time I spent exploring this area I met another person doing his own quests. He challenged me to a duel, which is a fight between two friendly characters that ends when one person is nearly dead. I won! Yay! But he was 3 levels below me. I tried to talk to him afterwards but he just walked off.

I finished all the quests in the newbie area then went on to the next place, Falconwing Square in Eversong Woods. Upon my arrival I had reached level 7. This is where I decided to log out for the day.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

No comments:

 
Copyright 2010 Meow