Tuesday 18 January 2011

SPP Assignment 1

Well I clearly didn't read the brief for this assignment very well! I reread it after our SPP lecture today and there's much more work involved than I thought! I need to -

Find four real-world multimedia jobs and create a mock application for one of them - Should be simple enough!

Find four postgraduate courses and create a mock application for one of them - I've been browsing thought postgraduate courses for a while now, and can't really find many focused specifically around web design. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

Write a 1000 word rationale outlining why I chose the specific job and course - Can I really say 1000 words about this? Probably. Just doesn't seem like a fun thing to do right now...

Create a new web design orientated curriculum vitae - The only CV I have right now is my regular retail/admin based one, so I suppose this needs to be done sooner or later.

Create an electronic portfolio of my work to support my applications - Possibly matching my new CV

It's definitely good that we're doing this so we're prepared after graduation, just wishing I'd started it last term now! Silly me..
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

2 comments:

Dan Ryland said...

Looks like I hadn't read any of this either! :-S
BTW, found some good driving school websites you might be interested in - http://www.revolutiondrivingtuition.co.uk/ and http://www.visibilitydrivingtuition.co.uk/ Hope they help! :-)

Jenny said...

Hey thanks Dan, very useful! Nice to see they're not all painful on the eyes. SPP has to be in on the 10th of Feb by the way, if you haven't already looked. At least you already have an online portfolio!

 
Copyright 2010 Meow